Validate your config file
You can avoid pushing additional commits to test your
.circleci/config.yml and confirm that your file is free of syntax errors, YAML linting issues, etc. by using the CircleCI CLI to validate your configuration locally.
Using CircleCI CLI to validate
- Visit https://circleci.com/docs/2.0/local-cli and install the CLI
- Generating a personal API token and configure the CLI by running
- Navigate to a directory with a
circleci config validatein your project's root directory
- Confirm that your configuration file is in the right directory:
.circleci/config.ymland you are in the project's root directory
- If the error still occurs, please run
circleci versionand reach out to our support team
Article is closed for comments.