The API Versions
The CircleCI API is currently offered in 2 versions:
As of the publishing of this article, both are available for use. There are some requests that overlap between version v1.1 and v2, however, v1.1 will eventually be deprecated in favor for v2. Additionally, features in v1.1 may be deprecated incrementally as new features become available in v2.
API Tips and Tricks
The CircleCI API is a powerful tool that can provide many possibilities for your builds. The CircleCI Support team has developed many customer solutions over the last few years, so we will keep a running list below.
- Cancel a build after a set amount of time
- Cancel a workflow via a run step
- Cancel a re-run if a new commit exists
- Exit a build early if any test fails
- Trigger a pipeline in a different project
- Get details about why a step failed
- Use insights to get credits used for a workflow
- Identify who triggered a workflow
- Get a job artifact from a pipeline
Monitoring and Data
You can find our full API docs available here
Additionally, check out our Discuss page for more API solutions: Discuss Threads on API
Article is closed for comments.