When attempting to run a job in CircleCI for the first time, you may encounter the error: "event cannot have more than 20 hooks".
Typically, this happens when you have too many webhooks configured on the VCS provider. In GitHub you can create up to 20 webhooks for each event on each installation target (specific organization or specific repository).
- Sign into your GitHub account.
- Go to the repository settings.
- Click Webhooks to view currently configured webhooks. (Alternatively, you can reach this page directly -> https://github.com/<ORG>/<REPO>/settings/hooks).
- Delete any unused/unnecessary webhooks for the project you're trying to start.
- Run the job again in CircleCI.
You should no longer see the error and you can continue to build.
Article is closed for comments.