Some users have reported that they are unable to see the People tab in their CircleCI application interface. This tab is typically used to view and manage user accounts, roles, and permissions.
The main reason for this issue is related to the type of authorization used with GitHub or Bitbucket. If you've authorized your CircleCI account using GitHub OAuth or Bitbucket, instead of the GitHub App or GitLab, you may not be able to see the People tab.
Starting August 2023, when you authorize your CircleCI account with GitHub, this will be done through our GitHub App, rather than the GitHub OAuth app.
How to Identify Your Account Type
You can identify your account type by visiting the CircleCI web app, selecting Dashboard from the sidebar, and inspecting the URL in your browser:
A URL like
https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/circleci/UTxCZDiJ9MLGLC8hR1ZDmgindicates you are authenticated with the GitHub App.
A URL like
https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/github/<your GitHub username/organization name>indicates you are authenticated with the GitHub OAuth app.
For more information please view our GitHub App Integration Documentation.
- Signing into CircleCI if your account was setup using OAuth integration for BitBucket and GitHub
- Is my project setup using GitHub OAuth or GitHub Apps?
- How do I manage my People Settings for my GitHub organization?
- Cannot see Github organizations after signing up with an email address
- Inviting Team Members to Collaborate on CircleCI