The automated orb setup option is not currently fully supported for GitHub App projects. To find out if you authorized through the GitHub OAuth app or the CircleCI GitHub App, see the GitHub App integration page.
Below is a workaround that utilizes most of the automated process with some additional steps for orb authoring.
- Follow this guide as normal until you reach Step 3
- When you get to the option of
Would you like to perform an automated setup of this orb?:please select
- Follow each step until you are asked
Are you using GitHub or Bitbucket or GitHub app (if GH App use circleci as the entry)?and please enter
- When you are asked for your org name, please do not enter the name in the left-hand corner of the CircleCI App. It will actually be the org ID - which can be found in your Organization Settings
- Complete the rest of the automated prompts
- Navigate to your Projects dashboard in CircleCI and set up a project for your orb repository following this guide: https://circleci.com/docs/github-apps-integration/#sign-up
- As a final step, inside of the
config.ymlin GitHub for your orb repo, please adjust
vcs_typefrom the default pipeline parameter to
github. It should look something like this:
pipeline-number: << pipeline.number >>