Learn how orbs can help you ensure consistency and easily roll out changes across your organization.
An orb is a package of YAML configuration that contains pre-defined commands, executors and jobs. Orbs condense lengthy config into a single line of code. This saves teams hours of time configuring new projects, and lets them easily implement third-party integrations. In this course, you will learn what orbs are and how they can help you ensure consistency and easily roll out changes across your organization.
Stay tuned for additional lessons on how to author orbs.
Many of the lessons in this course are in easy to follow e-learning videos. However, there are some elements, shown below, that you might find helpful.
1. Menu: When you click on Menu in the upper left-hand corner, you are able to select which parts you would like to view directly, or you can go through it sequentially.
2. Transcript: When you click on Transcript in the upper left-hand corner, you are able to view the full transcript for each slide of the lesson.
3. Resources: When you click on Resources in the upper right-hand corner, you are able to click to the links and other content referenced in the lesson.
4. Zoom in: Click on the magnifying glass icon to zoom into code or similar dense visualizations.
Introduction to Orbs:
Concepts covered in this lesson include:
1. The Pipeline
2. CircleCI Configuration
3. Using an Orb
Topics covered in this lesson
- Orbs introduction
- Create GitHub repository
- Orb setup
- Review source directory
- Review CircleCI UI
- Commit changes to orb
- Merge branches and publish orb