Introductory concepts regarding CI/CD and how you can leverage CircleCI to meet your CI/CD goals.
Welcome to the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) 101 Workshop
In this course, we cover introductory concepts regarding CI/CD and how you can leverage CircleCI to meet your CI/CD goals. This course was developed using the new CircleCI user interface.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for CircleCI developers using the cloud hosted solution. You should be familiar with managing source code in a VCS such as GitHub or Bitbucket; have a working knowledge of editing YAML files, and experience using command line utilities to automate builds and deploys for the technology stack at your organization. This course is intentionally code-agnostic, with an assumption that you have a clear understanding of the commands appropriate for your tooling, that you would use to build, test, and deploy projects.
Duration: ~ 57 minutes
Many of the lessons in this course are in easy to follow e-learning videos. However, there are some elements, shown below, that you might find helpful to review.
1. Menu: When you click on Menu in the upper left-hand corner, you are able to select which parts you would like to view directly, or you can go through it sequentially.
2. Transcript: When you click on Transcript in the upper left hand corner, you are able to view the full transcript for each slide of the lesson.
3. Resources: When you click on Resources in the upper right-hand corner, you are able to click to the links and other content referenced in the lesson.
CI/CD 101 Workshop: Introduction
When you have completed this lesson, you’ll understand time as an asset, the impact of “time-sucks”, and just what continuous integration/continuous delivery really is.
CI/CD 101 Workshop: CI/CD with CircleCI
In this lesson, we'll learn, at a high-level:
1. How to implement Cl/CD
2. Where does CircleCI fit in Cl/CD
3. Cl/CD software development process
CI/CD 101 Workshop: Demonstration
In this lesson, we will:
1. Demonstrate build-test-deploy in CircleCI
2. Preview the new CircleCI user interface
3. Review unit tests
4. Demonstrate a failed test
5. Confirm deployment to Dockerhub
CI/CD 101 Workshop: Configuration
In this lesson, you will learn about:
1. CircleCI folder setup in your VCS
2. Config.yml file review
3. Executing jobs
CI/CD 101 Workshop: Deployment
In this lesson, we will:
1. Review deployment infrastructure
2. Deploy code to a public server
3. Confirm the deployment of that code
Pipelines and the new CircleCI User Interface
CircleCI has some exciting changes that are rolling out regarding how your builds are being grouped and the user interface that presents that information. Please visit our Documentation page below to learn more.
A quick look at changes regarding how your builds are being grouped and the new CircleCI user interface.