Prevent unregistered user spend feature is enabled for your Gitlab project, you might see that your builds fail with the following error message:
When you sign up to CircleCI with your email address, you can accept an invite to a Gitlab project, you will be able to view and follow the project and trigger builds as long as builds are not restricted to registered users. However, if you have not connected your Gitlab user to your CircleCI account upon sign-up, you will not be considered a registered user of the organization and our system will prevent you from triggering a build when the
Prevent unregistered user spend feature is enabled.
You can follow the below steps to connect your Gitlab user to your CircleCI account:
1. Log in with your email address and password on CircleCI
2. Click on the organization's name in the top left corner of the page and select
Create New Organization on the drop-down menu:
3. Choose to connect your Gitlab account and log in with your Gitlab credentials:
4. Authorize CircleCI to connect your account:
Once this is done, you will be able to set up your own project, if you wish to do so or you can cancel adding a project. At this point, your user will be a registered Gitlab user and you will be able to trigger builds.
- How to set up the Prevent unregistered user spend feature
- Steps to integrate GitLab projects with CircleCI